Jobseekers with a disability are required to overcome additional barriers in their search for employment and the same is true of those seeking traineeships or apprenticeships. To reduce these barriers the Federal Government has implemented the Disabled Australian Apprenticeship Wage Support (DAAWS) Scheme.
Under this scheme an employer who meets the eligibility criteria is entitled to a number of benefits.
- Wage Support, up to $104.30 per week.
- Workplace Modifications, up to $5500 for essential equipment and structural modifications.
- Tutorial, Mentor and Interpreter Assistance.
Who is classified as a Disabled New Apprentice?
- Certificate III or IV level Apprentice,
- Certificate III or IV level Trainee,
- an Apprentice who is medically assessed as disabled, and
- an Apprentice who is also assessed as being able to continue open employment, given suitable support and training.
For more information call Jobmatch on (02) 9890 0970.